Here’s an excerpt from what’s underway in partnership with an old friend whose expertise, insight, and loyalty are literally lifesaving for me:
Okay, you've given me a lot to think about (as always) and today I was able to work for a few hours on pulling the threads together. I've got some AI-organized thoughts and questions, and I stand ready to work on any of them.
One interesting idea surfaced: with AI chatbots being all the rage, should we train one of our own using your full body of work? That's RAG (Retrieval Augmented Generation) where the fake brain model is trained only on a set of documents we provide. It's something I can do, and we could make a 'Ghost RFL' that way, one that factors all the works together. If that's far too ghoulish, skip it, but it seemed very much like a sci-fi becoming reality idea to me.Here is the model-generated set of priorities that came out of my morning session.## Priorities (summer)1. Archive usability (overwhelm + broken “complete” links)2. Option B umbrella locked (Virtual Resurrection / murder-mystery frame / South Street Irregulars)3. Asset intake (placeholder URL, Blogger workarounds, local exports if any)4. Thin Ghost Rover exhibit under the hub — not the main build5. Optional: private RAG “dead man” for testing---## Do-list1. Archive completeness labels corrected (no “complete” on missing / token / Blogger-thumbnail-only pages).2. Dead links in archive replaced with explicit status (missing / partial / not captured).3. One-page corpus map produced (by era / site / recovered vs token).4. Confirmation whether private archive is still the browse target for “file not found.”5. Umbrella frame confirmed: Virtual Resurrection; stated purpose = discovering who killed R. F. Laird.6. Competing theories kept as open paths (Rifleman vs Feds / black-ops), not single canon.7. South Street Irregulars defined (who can join, public vs play space, relation to other TBB/digital efforts).8. Placeholder site URL / domain preference shared.9. Local exports or known workarounds for Quantum 19, AfterPunk, Death of the Republic handed over if available.10. Live `rflaird.com` WordPress: revive vs leave dark (archive + new hub as home).11. Ghost Rover scoped as short teaser exhibit under hub, not full tour (v1).12. “Interrogate the dead man” v1 chosen: searchable archive only / private RAG chatbot over corpus / human channeling posts.13. Hosting preference for hub: existing Hostinger vs GitHub Pages (free / hacker).14. Public launch timing: private SSI only for now vs soft public later.15. Summer checkpoint date set (major progress before school; no hard weekly deadline).---## Plan options| Option | What it is | Notes || **A** | Archive-only polish | Fix labels/links/map; no fiction frame yet. Fast relief, lower energy match. || **B** | Umbrella hub + constellation | One Virtual Resurrection / SSI front door; archive as evidence rooms; mystery as navigation. || **C** | Ghost Rover flagship | Video journey leads; hub secondary. High fun, scope risk. || **D** | Hybrid B + thin C | Hub skeleton + map now; Rover as first exhibit. |### Recommendation: Option BPath under B (logistics):1. Lock the frame2. Archive honesty pass (labels / dead links / corpus map)3. Hub skeleton (Hostinger or GitHub Pages)4. Intake missing URLs / exports5. Optional private RAG pilot6. Ghost Rover teaser as exhibit #1---## Open questions1. Is the private archive still the browser target for “file not found”?2. Placeholder site URL / preferred domain?3. Any local Blogger exports or workarounds to share (esp. Quantum 19, AfterPunk, Death of the Republic)?4. Interest in a private RAG test against the recovered corpus?5. Known other SSI / digital-TBB contacts to loop in later?
A lot to be done. He’s got me running for sure…
Also, you may have noticed that I am being squeezed (hard) out of Facebook. Some sleight of hand at Gmail transferred ownership of my FB page to an old inactive page that no longer permits me to run my page. What I enter becomes a message to me that cannot be edited. Why I have developed the workaround you may or may not have discovered, depending on what the hack has done to my friend list. I am able to post as me from my iPhone, but actual writing is prohibitively difficult. I can do notifications from the phone. That’s about it.
Why I haven’t shown up here lately. I’ll be back, I promise you.

No comments:
Post a Comment