Had a notification first thing this morning that Michael Smith had posted significantly. Here’s what he had to say:
The first comment was also from Michael Smith:
I confess that was a little too ‘aw shucks’ for me. So I responded. WTH. It was 5 am. I posted this:
<<Buck up, Michael. Two quick observations.
One, the specific comparisons she made of you were not selected by an AI app. You’re not what I would call humble, so the “just a Mississippi boy” self description seems a little over the top. There’s no need. You write the truth as you see it. The haters will all despise you irrationally. Get used to it. Possible you’ve been spoiled by the amount of uncritical adulation you receive here every day.
Two, I’m fine with slamming Harvard and Stanford, but I am used to that. I graduated from Harvard 53 years ago, and I got the kind of education nobody gets anywhere anymore. I have also been very specific about the good, the bad, and the ugly of that institution. More than any of the sudden experts in this thread I assure you. For example, on that (among many many other topics), I have the written the following without apology for my own Harvard association:
The Treason Layer of Elite Rulers of the United State
(http://instapunkreturns.blogspot.com/2021/12/the-treason-layer-of-elite-government.html)
(http://instapunkreturns.blogspot.com/2023/12/my-harvard-book.html)
How to Maximize the Utility of Your Fancy College Degree
(http://instapunkreturns.blogspot.com/2021/06/how-to-maximize-utility-of-your-fancy.html)
In the past I have tried to open conversations with you, but you have been abrupt and dismissive on those occasions. I thought we had some things in common worth working on, but I have concluded my skin is thicker than yours and my thoughts on what the reformers among us should be doing are more far-reaching than you seem interested in. Maybe I’m not the only one who has gotten that impression.
I’m still here.and I’ve gotten some pretty serious death threats from lefties over the years. Let this one go. Keep doing what you do. Doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks of you if you feel good about the path you’re on.>>
He’s got 294 other replies that will undoubtedly offset mine.
Didn’t know if you’d ever seen the specific links I gave him. Thought this was an appropriate context for referencing them.


No comments:
Post a Comment