No need not to share the substance of planning with my colleague Jlac. Part of what sent him this am.
As far back as the late 1990s, I was trying to find a way to employ the Talmud format for its text/font comparison and referential niceties. I still think this would be a good way to go the next level in the use of hyperlinked analysis and multimedia applications in literary undertakings. I had a brilliant typographical/graphic designer as a colleague beginning in my NCR days. He undertook to create a design that could be used on the Macintosh of the time to do what I wanted. Unfortunately, I lost the template when my first Apple computer died suddenly in 1997, long after I had lost contact with that designer. How things go. Losing the MacIntosh was how I came to fall back on PCs and into the Shuteye Town graphic opportunity. Serendicity again. Anyhow, I still have Talmudic visions, particularly with regard to my ka mythology, and it might be a fun reason for someone to join the site we’re talking about.
Also, I have been battling, and losing, the challenge of finding some way to do two things in HTML that would make all my grandest cross-Blogger site unification dreams come true. I can’t figure out how to insert multiple links into a single graphic file in Blogger, which is necessary to achieve any kind of sequel or umbrella for Shuteye Town and Shuteye Nation. They say it can be done, and God knows I’ve tried, but HTML is a jungle I just can’t seem to hack my way through. I’ve looked up and copied the code that other people have offered up and I can’t make it work. That’s the first thing.
The second thing is the ability to build random variety into hyperlinks. The key to making a next generation Undernet and overcoming the cumbersome limitations of Undernet Black and my DarkNet. This is also to be doable at least within the confines of one Blogger site. Can’t make that work either.
This is why so many of my Blogger sites are at a seeming standstill. I’ve created the design approach and sample+++ posts for them, but given the problems above, much of the material I would use is stored in image and text files that I don’t have the technology to incorporate and work to fruition.
Five Blogger sites demonstrating the standstill effect (there are more, believe me). They look like not much. There’s a lot of material in image and text files awaiting them:
And saddest but probably most important of all…
Combinatory linking tools in the works include these sites:
Gargantua III (Undernet Black: Be sure to click on the word “MORE” right under the site title)
There are two posts at Instapunk Returns that explain some of the opportunities and issues associated with my larger creative framework, as well as the tug of war between saving past work and creating new breakthrough projects:
I’m hoping this is useful information for you. What we can do together may very well eliminate some of the constraints I’ve been dealing with. Just wanted you to be aware of what’s hiding inside the big burlap bag of my long-standing intentions.
Feel free to kibbitz… Three heads can be better than two.

No comments:
Post a Comment